Thursday, April 21, 2011

100 things about me....

This was inspired by my friend Nellie.  It was hard, too!

You should try it!

1.       I do not like to exercise.  But recently started doing it anyway.
2.       I love food.  Eating makes me happy, soothes me, cheers me, and comforts me.
3.       I love to read more than almost anything.  Only fiction.
4.       I have a wonderful supportive husband, Kim.  He is just right for me.
5.       I have a son, Jacob who is 17.  He amazes me and makes me laugh.
6.       I do not like chocolate cake.  NO.THANK.YOU.
7.       Nothing smells better to me than baking bread.
8.       Breaking an addiction to QT Vanilla Cupcake cappuccino almost broke me.
9.       God has been my friend for many years.
10.   I love people, but strongly suspect that people secretly don’t like me.
11.   I stupidly worry a lot about what people think about me.
12.   I have 3 dogs, two are big, Bonnie and Clyde, one is smallish, Pixie.
13.   My Grandmother is 89. She has had a hard life, but just keeps going.
14.   I have an older brother and sister, 3 half brothers and 2 foster brothers.
15.   I lived in a children’s home from Second grade through 5th grade.
16.   I lived in a foster home from 6th grade until I graduated from High School.
17.   I really wish I could be a homemaker.
18.   My foster mother was amazing lady.  I would love the chance for one more day with her.
19.   Burgundy/Maroon is my favorite color.
20.   The number 25 is my favorite number.
21.   I regret that I haven’t had the chance to get to know my brother’s kids in Pennsylvania.
22.   I love babies.  Sigh.  I really do.
23.   My favorite season is Fall.  The trees and the colors just make me so happy.
24.   I am constantly amazed at how God has moved in my life.
25.   I have secrets.
26.   My sister, Debbie is amazing.  I love her with all my heart.
27.   I played basketball in high school and fantasize about playing again.
28.   I was a really bad basketball player, but in my mind, I was awesome.
29.   It really hurts me when people who I thought loved me walk away.
30.   Sometimes I forget to be careful of other’s feelings.
31.   Coffee on a cold morning is a comfort, but only if I have cream and sugar!
32.   I get really grouchy when I get hot.
33.   My senior year of high school really was one of the best years of my life.
34.   I love to knit, sew, cook, embroider, or just anything creative.
35.   Mean people make me very angry.
36.   I very often forget to pray.  My focus is weak.
37.   Studying other religions is fascinating to me.
38.   When I see an old house, I want to know the story of its life. Who lived there, when and why?
39.   Most of the people in my family are very mischievous, I am no exception.
40.   I like to make people laugh, but often get carried away.
41.   I desperately want to be a light for God, but worry that more often I cast shadows.
42.   I have very little will power when it comes to my diet.
43.   I won’t show my toenails unless they have been painted.
44.   I used to KNOW I was smart, now I KNOW how little I will ever know or understand.
45.   I often feel helpless and frustrated.
46.   I have a lot of questions for God.  Just a lot.  
47.   I usually think that you need to know what I think.  So it pops right out of my mouth.
48.   Pasta, pasta, pasta.  I love you pasta.
49.   I crave security.
50.   I don’t care what kind of car you drive.  It surprises me that people think anyone cares.
51.   In my dreams, I can fly.
52.   My father is still living, but I have not seen him or spoken to him in over 20 years.
53.   I am not afraid to die.  But I don’t want any pain.  Ha!
54.   I do not like artificial sweetener.
55.   I love Sharpies.
56.   My mother lives in a nursing home.
57.   I am not afraid of germs.  Bring it!
58.   Rolo’s are my drug of choice.
59.   Bacon. 
60.   I flipped off Santa when I was a child.
61.   I love Survivor, the television show.
62.   Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
63.   I am extremely allergic to poison ivy and get it nearly once a year.
64.   Sock monkeys creep me out.  They are the “Chuckie” of stuffed animals.
65.   I can’t grow stuff.  I kill plants.
66.   My mother has schizophrenia and I am afraid sometimes that I do too, and no one is telling me.
67.   I do not visit my mother as often as I should, this produces guilt.
68.   Baby giggles, OH YEAH!
69.   I don’t like to be late, and rarely am.
70.   I like thunder storms.
71.   My finances depress me.
72.   I do not like being tall.
73.   I am very loyal.
74.   I am ashamed of my house.
75.   I think it is creepy when people say “sexy”.
76.   I sneeze a lot.  No, really, a lot.
77.   I usually cry every time I think about my foster mom. There, just teared up typing this.
78.   I like to go shopping.
79.   Cinderella was my favorite story as a child.
80.   My name is not Lisa.
81.   I love country music.
82.   I find myself attracted like a magnet to funny people.
83.   I like the smell of Liquid Paper.
84.   My best friend lives in Texas.  I miss her.
85.   Sometimes I text and drive.
86.   I love to travel.
87.   I have to doodle when I am on the phone, or listening to people talk.
88.   I do not like to drink from a plastic cup unless I have a straw.
89.   I could easily eat potatoes with every meal.
90.   I am so happy we have email.
91.   I have little ears.
92.   Sometimes if I get really mad, I throw stuff.
93.   I am very sad that Jacob does not like to read.
94.   I know I have a guardian angel, and he is good at what he does.
95.   I try really hard not to have an “entitled” attitude, but sometimes, I think I deserve more.
96.   I have disappointed many people in my life, and that breaks my heart.
97.   I wish I could go back to college.
98.   I like to talk to elderly people about their lives.
99.   I love prairie stories, like Little House on the Prairie.      
100.  I like to draw pictures.

4 comments:

amy said...

What???? I didn't make your list? I'm hurt. I'm crying. Bad, Lisa!

Hahahaha! Just kiddding! Now I need to write mine!

Debbie said...

I loved it, loved it, loved it! You made me tear up and laugh!!!

nellie rae said...

6. Whaa?? That’s crazy talk!
8. Surprisingly, I STILL have not tried this!
12. I LOVE your dog names
32. ME TOO!
38. I DO THE EXACT SAME THING!
40. You make me laugh. I’ve always’s loved your humor.
59. LOL.
60. OH MY GOODNESS! HAHAA.
65. We must be related.
66. this shouldn’t be funny but it made me laugh.
76. Yes you do! but it’s cute!
80. I still remember this about the first time I met you! hahahaa.

I loved these :)

GiGi said...

7. mmmmmmm. baking bread.......
10. your love for people shows - the other part is just your schizophrenia showing.
20. is there a story behind the #?
32. ditto.
43. i feel the same way. they MUST be painted!!!
50. i know, right?
55. oh sharpies!!! {heart} them too!!
60. hahahahahahahaha. would have loved to see that!!
66. see #10
89. me too!!