Friday, April 1, 2011

Brunch at Sarah's, a Restaurant Review

This is my first official restaurant review.  Quite possibly my only one.  We'll see.

Today I had lunch at a local restaurant called Brunch at Sarah's.  Someone had brougnt a menu by our office and since it is located just down the street from the office at 80th & Yale, I thought it would be a great place to try.  I have to be honest here, I have never reviewed anything, and I don't know if there is a preferred format or what.  So I will just do it how I want.

First, what is offered.  A variety of breakfast and lunch items, including omelets, eggs, wraps, pancakes, waffles, soups and sandwiches.  The bread is from Farrell Natural Breads, which is right next door.  Very convenient and fresh.

Next, what I ate.  The Cranberry Orange Club on whole wheat.  Smoked ham & turkey, cheddar and Swiss cheese, hickory smoked bacon, cranberry orange sauce, spinach, red onion & tomato.  It comes with a choice of sides.  Fries, potato chips, mixed fruit, potato salad or pasta salad.  I chose fries.  I had a moment of weakness when I went to pick up the to-go order and popped for a cranberry oatmeal walnut cookie.  The lady who rang me up said she had just made them and they were fresh and delicious.  Last but not least, and icy cold Pepsi to wash it all down.

The review:

I will start with a small critique and get that out of the way.  Best to end on a good note.  This is tiny.  Very small.  Well two, ok 3 little complaints.  When I was ready to call in the order, there was no phone number on the menu.  I said tiny!  No big deal, I can google!  Next, no pickle!!!  It was supposed to come with a pickle spear and I was robbed of my pickle.  This was a little traumatic, I admit, because I have a special feeling about pickle spears, but I will get over it.  Last, when I asked my friend what she thought of her lunch (which was identical to mine) she said there was an awful lot of meat on the sandwich.  Now, I don't think it is fair to complain about that, too much???  So let's just forget that one.  I will throw in one last concern.  I like to keep my lunch budget small.  I am just a poor girl.  Eating out is a splurge for me.  I usually pack my lunch, and this cost about double what I would normally pay for my lunch when I do eat out.  The sandwich & fries were $7.99.  I was a little dubious for that reason, but fear not!  The sandwiches are HUGE!  Really more like a sandwich and a half.  You can easily split this between two people making it quite economical.

Here comes the good part.  It was delicious!!  The bread is nicely toasted and tasted good enough to eat alone.  The spinach and tomato were fresh.  The cranberry orange sauce added a nice tangy zip.  The meat had a nice smokey taste, that contrasted nicely with the zippy sauce, and there was NOT too much.  I mentioned before that the portion was huge, so this is more than most people (except Jacob) eat for lunch, but I forced myself to eat it anyway, it was too good to leave.  I had to leave some of the fries which were crispy and delicious, too.  The cookie, oh the cookie!  JUST.GO.EAT.ONE.  My word, I have a new addiction!  A side note, there was a lady checking out as I was waiting for my order, she said that she and her husband eat there a lot.  She favors the Veggie Wrap, and her husband likes the Spinach Omelet. 

I highly recommend this restaurant for lunch, and I hope someday I can revisit for a breakfast item.  Sorry, I don't know what their hours of operation are, but I can tell you the phone number, 918-488-1855.  Located at 81 & Yale area, in the shopping center with the Food Pyramid.        

2 comments:

Debbie said...

It does sound good. If I ever get over that way......

amy said...

You crack me up! I would be upset about the missing pickle. There's just something about a pickle spear with a fresh deli sandwich like that!