Sunday, September 6, 2009

Road Trip....and Shopping Trip!


What a great day! After lunch, Kim, Jacob, Abbey and I hit the road. We followed RT 66 out of town through Sapulpa, then headed towards Drumwright. I had never been there before! It has an awesome water tower and some interesting antique stores that were all closed. What a neat town. Can't wait to go back on a Saturday!!


We thought we might drive by lake Keystone. But the exit was closed off highway 51! What?? Next we thought about stopping at Chandler Park, but forgot about the horrible plane crash there yesterday. The entrance was blocked by two sherriff cars. So sad about that awful crash! So many lives will be hurt by that.

Jacob and Abbey had fun mugging for the camera. Too bad they are both so shy...isn't it?














We headed home and relaxed for a few hours, then loaded up and went to the local Lowe's to see the last fireworks display at Driller's Stadium. It was great, but I thought it was shorter than I expected. It was a nice evening to sit and watch them though. There is just something about fireworks that makes me feel so "American". I guess my mind always ties them to the 4th of July.














Rewind for a minute to Saturday. Samantha and I made plans to shop for some fabric to use in the Youth house. Before we left we took her daughter, Anna, to the park for some fishing with her teacher. Sammy and I dropped her by there then headed out. We found lots of good options, but I think it is going to be more expensive than expected! Isn't that just the way it goes. Fortunately there is a sale starting this week. :o) When we went back to pick Anna up I took this picture of the two of them. Anna said she had fun fishing and caught a couple of little fish.


I hope you are enjoying your Labor day weekend. I am!




2 comments:

amy said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your weekend! And just think....you still have another day tomorrow!

GiGi said...

aren't our children adorable??? love them!!! great pics, girlie and thanks for sending me some!!!