Saturday, September 18, 2010

My life....

September, one of my favorite months of the year is here and nearly gone!  It has been a strange month for me.  Kim has been in the hospital for nearly a week.  Finally got home yesterday.  Jacob's birthday is coming up in a little over a week.  He will be 17!  My baby is a grown (mostly) man.  Tonight my aunt took Jacob and I to dinner at Olive Garden for his birthday.  Meredith, Uncle David and Ruth joined us.  It was very good food and even better company.   

It scares me sometimes to think of what the next few years will hold.  Changes will be coming fast now that Jacob is practically grown.  The older I get, the less I feel equiped to handle change.  I can only assume it will keep coming at me, so I'd better get ready.  I guess all I can do is trust and pray that things will all work out for all us.

Sorry no pictures lately.  It has been a busy few weeks!      

2 comments:

amy said...

Love you, Lisa! I blogged tonight, too!

Debbie said...

It won't slow down. It won't wait on you to get used to your baby being grown. I still struggle trying to connect the grown person with the baby that cuddled up on my lap. I hope the last of his childhood is easier on you. All you can do is the best you can.