Monday, November 3, 2008

Memories... in pink!


I was tooling through Sam's the other day. For once, I was buying nothing. My Aunt Mary needed a ton of stuff for her church Halloween party, and since she does not have a Sam's card, I took her. Anyway, as I was tooling along, something nifty caught my eye and took me right back to my very young childhood! It was a wooden kitchen set. It was the color more than anything! It was PINK!!
I was not sure I still had a picture of me with my pink kitchen, but here it is! It was not really just mine. I shared it with my older sister, Deb and my younger cousin, Steph. This is, from left to right, my brother (the cowboy) Danny, on his fabulous radical tricycle (horse?). My sister, Debbie with her hair in a scarf (really, Deb, a scarf??) And me, sitting on my Grams lap. In real life, my Grams had a totally pink kitchen. She had a pink fridge, stove and even pink paneling on the walls.
It would be so fun if I still had my old pink kitchen. We sure played with it alot! My Grams surrendered her pink kitchen several years ago too. It is still one of her favorite colors! She is 87 years young now. She will still be baking my Turkey this year in her once-pink kitchen. Good times!

3 comments:

amy said...

i'm guessing that's Gina and me on the picture! am i right?

nellie rae said...

cool memories....love reading them lees!

Lisa Howe said...

Yes Amy, that is you and geeg! I made you into a coloring book page!