Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend

I had a nice weekend. I started by going to play bunko with some friends. Fun! I believe I have mentioned before how much fun it is! If you have never played, you are missing out! I suspect that if men knew how much fun we have, they would want to go too. Somehow it just would not be the same! That was Friday night. I did not win anything. But I did laugh a lot.


Saturday, I was lazy all morning long. Didn't even make breakfast! Jacob growled at me about that. I will defend myself by saying that I make breakfast, not cereal, real breakfast just about every morning. So I don't feel too bad for him. I read my most recent book that Sheila lent me. It is the third book in the Twilight series. Eclipse! So awewome! I am really enjoying it. As a matter of fact, it was hard to put it down to update my blog. I dont know if I am excited about the movie that is coming out or not. It may be disappointing.


Saturday afternoon, I forced myself to get out and do my weekly shopping, then came home and did my weekly cleaning, or at least most of it. Jacob was watching football, so I kept getting distracted. That is why I like the house to myself when I clean.


Saturday evening I went to Samantha's house with Jacob. We were invited there for our RT 66 kickoff party. This coming Saturday is our exciting trip down Rt 66 between Catoosa and Arcadia. We had our pre-party, to get in the spirit. Samantha cooked some delicious chili and Amy brought popcorn. We watched Cars, which I had not seen before. It has a Rt 66 theme and was a lot of fun.

Sunday, of course was church. John and Sheena took us to lunch at El Chico! Yum! As you can see Jacob had fun too. John gave him a big hug for helping with his yard work and Tom gave him a thumbs up!
Finally, Sunday night Jacob and I went to the devotional for the teens at the Causby's house in Sapulpa. It was a lot of fun to go, even though Jacob was not behaving very well. I tried to ignore him and have a good time anyway. The singing was great as it always is with our youth. We really have some great kids. We all had a big laugh at the end thanks to Sarah Willing. I will let her tell you that story herself. Or maybe you can persuade one of the youth group to tell you. Good luck!

1 comment:

nellie rae said...

had tons of fun saturday at the ROUTE 66 kickoff! i hadnt seen cars either! i loved it! so cool for Sam to do that. sounds like you had a GREAT WEEKEND!