Saturday, October 24, 2009

Perfect Fall Day

It was a perfect fall day today. The sky was blue most of the day and the breeze was gentle. I took the opportunity to take some more pictures. This time Jacob was driving so my life was not in any danger. :o)


This afternoon I took Kim's boots to the shoe repair shop to get re-soled, picked up a few groceries then went home and did a minute amount of housework then sat down to knit and watch the OU game! Boomer Sooner! They won!!!! I added about an inch to the bag, so it is coming along. I managed to get a lot more done last week.


Tonight was the annual fall party at Jack and Earline's house. It was the perfect end to the perfect day. There was a bonfire to cook our hot dogs over, chili and fritoes for fritoe pie. Marshmellows, graham crackers and Hershey bars for guess what? Yes, smors (you are so smart!)! Yum-o! The sky was beautiful as the sun started to go down. Jack hauled all the kids around the pond on a hay ride. They loved it. We just got home and I can still smell the wood smoke in my hair. I love that bon fire feeling!






























I hope that whatever you did today involved some time outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful sunset! I liked the mask too! : )

amy said...

Your pictures are awesome! I always enjoyed the Lierly's Fall Party! I miss you, too!