Saturday, October 17, 2009

What have I been doing?

Yes, it has been quite a while since I posted, but here I am. I have been busy finishing up a knitting project, and starting a new one! I finally finshed the knitted silk purse that i was working on for months for Samantha. I am so glad it is done and i hope Samantha really likes it. Maybe you are like me and you are your own worst critic. Anyway, when it was finished I kept thinking of things I meant to do, or should have done that would have made it better. I was even tempted to take it apart and fix part of it. It was fun and different from anything else I have ever knitted. I am still basically a beginning knitter and the pattern was not hard, but I have mostly been knitting items that are straight with no shape to them. The pattern is called "Unbiased Bag" and was designed by Stephanie Shiman.

My new project is a felted diaper bag for my friend Trish, who just had her second child, an adorable baby girl named Zoe. I am knitting as fast as I can so it can be finished before she is out of diapers! The yarn is beautiful! Trish bought it at a yarn shop in Kansas City ( I think). The color is one of my favorites, Cranberry! It is such a pleasure to work with that yarn. It is much nicer yarn that what I usually knit with. :o)

Since the last time I posted, Jacob had his sixteenth birthday. His Grandma came to visit for that. It was nice to have her here from Texas. Fall has arrived and I am so happy that it is here! Kim is back at work. I am so thankful for that! He was home for 2 months on disability. Now Christmas is right around the corner. As soon as I finish the diaper bag project I have to move fast to get some Christmas gifts made! Wow! It will be here before I know it. I dont even know what I am going to make. I guess I better get busy finding some fun ideas!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

amy said...

Yay! Lisa's back in the blog world!

Sammie's purse looks amazing! Was she thrilled to get it????

I"m knitting Daryl's afghan right now. I am really enjoying knitting. I hate it when I don't get to knit each night.