Thursday, November 26, 2009

So Thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Welcome to the best holiday of the year!

I was up at 7. I don't want to waste my time sleeping. There is cooking to do! The turkey is out of its brine bath. I splashed him up with some vegetable oil. He is in the bag, and waiting in the fridge for his turn in the oven. The pumpkin pie is waiting on the counter. Cooked it last night. It looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. I am not one to make pie crust, so this one is curtesy of Pillsbury. To be honest, I don't even eat the crust for the most part. But there is Cool Whip in the fridge to top this bad boy off. Yummy!


Next, a little later, I need to peel and boil potatoes for mashing and make stuffing. Last will be assembling the famous green bean casserole. It will go in the oven with the stuffing as soon as the bird emerges. Then potatoes will be mashed and corn will be cooked. Oh, don't forget the bread, Lisa! I didn't make homemade this year. Acutally, I haven't for years. I bought some of the delicious Kings Hawaiian rolls. So tasty!

Jacob is so cool!

I will try to post more pictures later today of our feast. But it will be a busy day with all the cooking. Then after we eat, Jacob and I will deliver dinner to my mom at the nursing home. She did not want to get out today. She does not like the steps at my house. And finally, if we can convince Kim, a movie this afternoon. I want to see The Blind Side, with Sandra Bullock.

I am so thankful for my family, home, job and friends! I hope you are all blessed with a beautiful day!

...Update! It is 6PM. The food is put away, some in our stomachs and the rest in the fridge. I have made my pilgrimage to the nursing home to visit mom. I made an unsuccessful bid to convince Kim to go to a movie today. He shot me down. Said he was too tired. He did work all night last night, so I guess I can understand. So, perhaps tomorrow or Saturday. Sorry, Sandra Bullock, I did try!

Jacob and Travis went with me to visit Momma.

Momma was happy after eating her turkey dinner.

Please don't tell me how much we look alike...I know!

I just finished trying out my new wood burning tool on my cork coasters. I also have a set of trivets that I can burn. They are square tiles, instead of round ones, but I think it will look neat! It was fun, and I only burned myself one time. That puppy gets really hot!! If anyone wants to borrow it to try it out, let me know. I can share!

I also said I would post some pictures of the feast. Um... I forgot to take any! Please understand that when the food was ready, there were 2 hungry, no starving, teenagers standing in the kitchen with plates begging to be set loose on it! I did get an "after" picture of the pie. Happy, happy, happy Thanksgiving to you! I hope it was fabulous.

After!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lisa! Glad it was had good food, family and help in the kitchen to clean up! LOVE you!!

Debbie said...

LOL Not sure where that "had" came from???

amy said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love you!