Sunday, July 25, 2010

Gone So Long...

I have been away from my blog for a long time. Lots has been going on. But mostly I have just been neglecting this. What HAVE I been doing? Hmmm.


Last month I started walking. I am trying to get myself in better shape physically. I have surgery coming late this year, or early next and I need to seriously lose some weight. I don't think I have lost any, which depresses me, but it must be better for me physically, so I will keep doing it as long as I can talk someone into going with me. Jacob usually goes, and Sandy K. and her son Matt. Sometimes Cindy, from church, and her girls, Courtney and Tori. We have a regular gang! It is really not too bad, aside from the heat, we have a great time talking about our day and what is going on. It is extremely hot, however, and that makes it rough.


I have done some knitting and have a few items to add to my projects. Mostly just more coin purses. I don't seem to knit very much when it gets hot outside. I don't have an explanation for that. I have not been taking many pictures either.


Kim is healed and back at work. I am praying he stays out of trouble. Jacob is mowing, and mowing and mowing. He is talking about getting a real job. His first one. That will be nice. I think it will be a good experience for him.


Some big things have happened that make me sad and happy at the same time. Isn't that just the way life is? I think it is referred to as bitter sweet. Amy has moved to Bartlesville into her own home. That means no more local buddy to go junking with. :o( We did make one trip since I last posted and I can add some of those pix.



Jacob is growing up.... that makes me happy and sad. There are other things too, but not much I can post about.




I think one of the great mysteries of life is how it changes and how we feel and react to those changes. It is so hard, but I am trying!

1 comment:

amy said...

Yay! You're back! I've missed your blog.

I'm so proud of you for walking every night. That's so good for you, and now that's been a month it should become a habit for you. Stick with it!

I miss you, too, Lisa. Junking just isn't the same without you.