Friday, July 30, 2010

VBS-Preparation Phase

This coming week is VBS at our church. This is very late in the year for VBS, but for some reason this is the week that was chosen. Naturally it will be extremely hot this year. I had originally volunteered to help with crafts this year. And I am still doing that. But then I was asked to help with decorating and area of the church building. For some odd reason, I said yes. What was I thinking? I don't really enjoy this sort of thing! I think I might have lost my mind!
I did a smart thing and asked my sweet, young, energetic niece, Mattie, to help me with the project. She came to my rescue and we worked at church last Saturday for about 5 hours hanging paper. Her husband James even came by for about an hour to help us finish up the paper. Thanks guys!
Tonight I went back and added some fish to the walls with the help of my Aunt Mary. We were just there for a few hours. But hopefully it will give Mattie and I time to finish up the rest tomorrow. It would be nice to be completely done by tomorrow evening. The most frustrating part about decorating for VBS is that the decorations come down so much faster than they went up. Hours and hours of work will come down in an hour or so.
.

No comments: