Tuesday, February 8, 2011

*Sigh*

It is one of "those" days.  Work has not gone well today.  I feel unappreciated and well, just spent.  Don't you hate to be compared to someone else and found to be lacking?  I feel like I have value of my own.  Not like anyone else.  SHE is not my yardstick.  I measure myself elsewhere.  I resent someone using her against me.  We are friends, she and I.  When you smack me with her, it hurts us both.  So measure me on my own merits and demerits, please.  Not against her.

OK, moving on...

I was thinking today about my Grams.  She is 89, soon to be 90.  She made me who I am, second only to God.  She is fading.  Like a picture from an old album.  She used to be bright, sharp and colorful.  Now I see confusion, fear, and apathy.  She has mentally surrendered... to what?  I don't know.  I do wish I had captured more from her before she faded.  We did not take the time, and she did not like to talk about her feelings very much.  Mostly, she would answer your questions, and now and then start talking.  But mostly she listened.  I wonder what I did not hear.    What did I miss?

Wow!  What a depressing post.  I hope you had a better day than me!
    

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Some people are clueless on how to lead. Would you like for me to come kick him for you? I would be glad to. I won't even tell who I am so he can't blame you. ;)
I agree, it hurts to watch Grams fade away. She is so unhappy.

Lisa Howe said...

Yes, please. It would not be the first time you have done such a thing. It would make me quite happy. No, I guess it wouldn't, not really. Cancel the kick. :(

Thanks for wanting to do that for me. I <3 U!