Thursday, January 14, 2010

Decorations....down!

Tonight I accomplished what I have been trying to do for 14 days! The Christmas decorations are down. Life can move forward now. The house does not look very festive, but at least it is season appropriate. My next big task is to clean out the middle bedroom and transform it into the crafting room of my dreams, well, maybe my thoughts. I dare not try for the room of my dreams. I would like to have a good sized table. Something that looks a bit like this.
I dont need any chairs, just the table. It is ok if it is scarred up, I can paint it. Free is best, so if you know anyone who is purging a rectangular sturdy dining room table, please alert the media. I want it. I could set my sewing machine up on one end and my burning tools up on the other. Then I want some book shelves that I can store stuff on. I have a chest of drawers that I will clean out for yarn storage. I want to paint the walls. But not sure what color. Nothing too bold, because I want the colors I work with to look true, and some wall colors affect how you see other colors.

Thats all for tonight. The boy wants the computer.

2 comments:

amy said...

congratulations, lisa! i know it feels so good to have a clean, organized space.

i'm jealous and excited that you get to create your crafting room, or what i like to call your studio! fun, fun! i can't wait to see it and create in there with you!

i know the first thing you can sew....my halloween costume! i want to be feona, and daryl is going to be shrek!

Debbie said...

I will keep an ear open for anything on your wish list!