Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Anniversary...

Today is our 19th wedding anniversary! It is nice to be married that long. You are comfortable with each other, you always know what to expect (almost always...) and you know there is always someone looking out for you. Nice.
After work I stopped at the drug store to get some Hydrogen Peroxide for Kim's bum foot. Yes, very romantic. I thought briefly about getting Kim a card, but I did not want him to feel bad if I got him a card and he did not get me one, so I decided not to. I was pretty sure he did not get me one because I knew he did not have any cash today. I knew we would not be exchanging gifts this year, or going out to dinner.

When I got home, he had a nice card for me. I felt really cruddy for not spending a dollar on a simple card. Here is what his card for me said on the outside:


Sometimes

when we're

lying in bed,

I look over at

you and think,

"I am so lucky."


On the inside:


Then you start snoring in

that snorty way, and I think,

"Well, that's annoying,

but I'm still lucky."


Happy Anniversary


Sweet, huh? I cracked up. Kim is very bothered by my snoring. Which I find odd because it does not bother me at all!


Then he wrote a nice poem, like he always does. Bet you did not know Kim wrote poetry!


I sat and thought on how I ought

to show you how I feel.

But moneys' tight so I just write

to prove my love is real.

I think of what my life was like

before we came to be,

Just me alone, no thoughts of home,

no future did I see.

But with you now, I see just how

true love can save a life.

My greatest gift from God above

was making you my wife.


Pretty good for an ole' redneck cowboy, huh? Thanks honey! I love you too!


2 comments:

amy said...

Oh, my gosh, Lisa! My eyes are leaking right now!!!!

That is the sweetest thing I've ever read. What an awesome gift.

Abbey Elizabeth said...

ohhhh my. that is sooo so so sooooooooooo sweet!! i'd take a nice thought out poem over something store bought any day! how adorable!!!!! happy anniversary!