Monday, June 29, 2009

Staycation-Vacation!

Sigh! I would so, so love to be a stay at home mom, but I did not make the right decisions to make that happen, so I must work and be away from my family 5 days a week. With travel time, that takes a 10 hour bite out of every day! It is my own fault, so don't feel sorry for me, but I don't mind if you listen to me whine a little now and then!


So this week I took two days of vacation! Yay! Today we went to the lake for a quick day trip with Jacob and Abbey. Our family has always loved to visit Grand Lake, so we wanted to share the experience with Abbey. We had a great time swimming at Little Blue State Park. But first we took her to all of our usual stops on the way. The Blue Whale, The Totem Pole & Fiddle Gift Shop, and Jacob's favorite, Twin Arrows Trading Post, for buffalo jerky.

We finally arrived at noon. We swam and sunned ourselves for a few hours, then I grilled yummy hamburgers. We went back to swim for a while so we could cool off. Then we took a drive to show her more sights below the dam and we showed her the view across the dam from Langley to Disney throught the telescope. Kim's Grandparents owend a house in Disney when he was a little boy and we showed her where he grew up. Last, on our way out of town, we backtracked to Pistol Pete's for a chocolate dipped cone. Wow! We had to eat those so fast before they melted, I did not have time for a picture!

We had a nice, nice day! I love not working! Of course if I did not work, we still couldn't have adventures like that every week, but maybe a bit more often?

4 comments:

amy said...

it sounds like you had a great day! you saw a whole lot in a short amount of time!

can't wait till tomorrow!

nellie rae said...

what a fun day! i want a stay-cation!how far away is that swimming place you went to?

Debbie said...

Sounds like a lovely day! Swimming, good food, ice cream, sight seeing....

Lisa Howe said...

Little Blue is near Tiajuana, OK. Just past The Pensacola Dam near Disney, OK on Grand Lake. We love it there. The swimming hole is actually in a spring fed creek that is icy cold on the hottest days. Lots of rocks though, so you need to wear shoes in the water!