Saturday, June 27, 2009

Button Bonanza Baby!


I recently became a button lover. I always thought they were interesting, but never had much use for them, so I did not keep more than a few necessary buttons on hand. Since I started making my little coin purses I have used buttons to embellish them. So I started keeping an eye out for interesting buttons. I managed to scavange a few from my Grandma's house. That was fun because I remember playing in those buttons when I was a little girl.

A week or two ago, my friend Amy decided to purge her button collection. I received a huge zip lock bag full of her buttons. Wow! So I have been sorting them, slowly. Today I was cleaning and organizing and I arranged my happy, happy button collection on the table next to my chair. I still have a tall jar that has not been sorted, but the rest I am sorting by color. I have blue, green and purple together, red, pink and orange together, and yellow in a jar of it's own so far. I also have all the white in one, the black in one and the metal buttons in a seperate jar.

I think Kim and Jacob think I have lost my marbles (buttons??). I know it probably sounds mind numbing to you, but I like looking at the buttons and they look so nice grouped by color! I also was the reciepient of some awesome button jars! Amy brought me 4 antique jars Tuesday evening. So I think it is quite easy on the eye. It makes me happy. :o)

Thanks Amy!!!

1 comment:

amy said...

You are so welcome! I love that you love buttons as much as I do!!!

And I don't care what Daryl says, I'll still buy buttons! I can't wait to see what you do with them!