Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Write this down....

Today is a momentous occasion! Write it down in your record books! The day that my baby got his own wheels! Yay, Jacob! He is so proud. He can't stay in the house. Wait till you see the pictures. It is not pretty. But it is BIG. Very BIG!! He paid for it with his own money. He sold his 4 wheeler, mowed yards, peppered pigs, and traded his beloved shot gun for this, ummm.... beauty? Yes, it is a thing of beauty. Remember your first car? Tell me about it in the comments section.


Mine was a 1979 Silver Ford Pinto with a red interior, and a very odd smell. It had a sunroof... that leaked like a sieve. I thought it was going to explode a lot of the time. My friends and I had some fun trips in that clunker. We made a secret trip to Rogers, Arkansas to visit the Vaughn boys, countless trips between Tulsa and Oklahoma City and much, much more. I finally sold it for a whole dollar! The guy I sold it to, never had the title switched out of my name and a few years down the road I recieved notice that my vehicle was used in committing a crime!! Wouldn't it be cool if cars could talk? We could hear some interesting stories from that old truck out there.


Abbey and her mom Gigi came by after church so the awesome girlfriend could see the new/old awesomeness of Jacob's new/old truck. Gigi and I took advantage of the visit for a photo shoot.


Abbey is so little (in stature only...big heart, big smile, big brains!!) that none of us thought she would be able to get into the truck. Especially since she was in a dress! But she just had to hear, "You can't get up there" and before we turned around, there she was, up there! Love that girl!

Aren't they cute? I guess it is a good thing that Abbey likes vintage stuff, because this truck is definately vintage! It needs a lot of love. Congrats Jacob! I am proud of you for saving your money to pay for this! I hope you get to use it for many years!

2 comments:

amy said...

That's so awesome! I can tell he is so proud of it, too! I think it's great that he paid for it himself. As my dad would say, "It takes two to drive that truck!" I can just see those two sitting side by side in it!

Debbie said...

It is all over. Next time you turn around he will be graduating and moving out! Nail his feet to the floor! HURRY!! Before he leaves you with an empty nest!.


Tell him I am very proud of him.