Monday, December 13, 2010

Clean! Outside and In.

Don't you love it when your house is really clean?  You know, the deep stuff!  Not when you ran through with the vacuum and the dust cloth, but the really clean stuff!

Saturday I had plans so I did not get to do my usual house cleaning (not even a run through!).  So yesterday (Sunday) afternoon after lunch I got into my kitchen and really cleaned good!  I cleaned the stove, and the oven, inside and out.  I cleaned the fronts of the cabinets and the counters with Clorox cleanup.  I also cleaned the outside of the fridge, whew, the top was filthy!  I scrubbed the floor, too. I need to clean inside the fridge and under the fridge and stove now.  Yuck, I hate doing that.  But it needs to be done.

I also have to dust all the furniture, unclutter the dining room table, and scrub my bathroom.  Then I can have my surgery knowing that my house is just as clean as it can reasonably be.  That will be a good feeling. I hope I can get it done!

I should pay so much attention to my heart.  It needs some deep cleaning too.  I need to throw out some old resentments and some nasty habits.  I could clean off my generosity and my kindness.  They get dusty and grimey from sitting around unused.  I could stand to get rid of gossip and lying.  I am often discontent with my life, I complain and whine a lot, and I that could be swept right into the trash.  I could make room for more of the good stuff, like love, family, caring and fun.  Maybe even some new stuff like, contentment and satisfaction and even adventure!  I wish it was that easy.  Don't you? 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I love you just the way you are! I understand that need to improve. Just remember we are not perfect creatures and be willing to forgive your self.
I cleaned before my down time too. I think it helped, at least in my head it did.

Lisa Howe said...

Debbie,
There is always room for improvement, and I think I see my flaws in an amplified version. Isn't everyone like that? I am just feeling the need to "put my house in order". Physically and spiritually.