Monday, December 20, 2010

I Was Right!

Friday was a fun night.  I had so much fun with my sister and brother-in-law.  They are awesome people.  My sister treated me to her delicious spaghetti.  I love, love, love her spaghetti.  Heaven!  We wrapped gifts and made them beautiful.  So much fun.  She showed me all the clothes they had purchased for her adorable grand baby.  He is one lucky little man!  He is too little to know it, too.  But I am sure he will figure out just how special his grandparents are in the next several years.  I also got to visit with my favorite German Shephard, Shyanne (Cheyenne?? how the heck do you spell it??)  She is the smartest dog ever, and almost the cutest.       

Today is my last day at work, before the surgery.  It feels like every hour is taking 4 hours to pass.  This is not a busy time of year in an insurance agency.  So I am trying to answer every call since I won't be doing any work for the next 4 weeks.  But at the same time, there is not much sense in starting any "projects".  All in all, it is an odd day to be working.

My worry and stress are still there lurking, but I am dealing with it as it arrives.  Trying not to let it overwhelm me.  Remembering that God is in control, and that he can handle these small things, and any big issues that come up.  Remembering that He is LARGE and IN CHARGE.  Rememebering that I am small and submissiveGod is good

I finished 4 projects this weekend.  That is a load off my mind, but I have so many more projects to work on, books to read and relaxing to do for the 4 weeks, that it is almost exciting to think about it!  Ha!  Who ever looked forward to a hysterectomy?

Maybe I will make a little journal to write down my thoughts and feelings and observations to share with you after the big event.  I won't be able to post for a month, so I will keep track and then read them after and decide if there was anything worth sharing.  Maybe some brilliant thought or observation will emerge.  I will miss this blogging thing for some reason.  I am not sure why.  But rambling about my thoughts and feelings and activities is cathartic or something important, because I keep doing it!

So merry Christmas, and happy New Year to all 3 or 4 of you that read this regularly, and to any other random individual that stumbles across this blog.  God bless you all!   

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you again for helping me with the gift wrapping! I could never have got it all done in one night by myself! You did such an nice job on all of them. Everyone in Stillwater thought the gifts looked so pretty.
I am glad you enjoyed the spaghetti. I figured that was the least I could do to repay your kindness.
It was nice to see Jacob for a few minutes too. It is so hard for me to believe he is all but grown.
I will be thinking and worring about you until Jacob calls.
LOVE YOU!

Lisa Howe said...

Love you too, Deb. Kita and Mattie's gifts are ready! I know you may not see Kita for a while. I will try to get Mattie hers before the holiday if possible.