Thursday, December 9, 2010

Haaathchooo! Hatchoo, hatchoo, hatchoo........

You get the idea.  I believe I have my first cold of the season!  Oh goody!  Of course I sneeze a lot anyway.  I am almost legandary for my sneezing, but now it is just ridiculous.  Rats.  I need to get this wrapped up before my surgery on the 21st because sneezing after abdominal surgery is not fun.

Still trying to finish up some projects, one is mostly done, one is complete and one is ready to start.  Then I just need to do about 6 others.  I think i can do that...  right...  who am I kidding?  Some people will get their gifts after the holiday this year.  That is just how it is.

I have been telling my customers at work "Merry Christmas" for a little over a week now as they leave, but it still does not seem like Christmas yet.  I wonder when it will sink in?  Perhaps when I decorate?  I seem to have sailed right past decorating, and it has left a hole in my holiday.

Next issue, does anyone have any hot tips for dealing with stress and worry?  I am trying to remember to pray, but sometimes I get busy worrying and forget.  How dumb is that?  The one sure fire cure to my problem of worrying, and I am too busy worrying to do it.  Ha!  That is so who I am!  I believe I just answered that question myself.  So, next would be, how do you "remind" yourself to pray, instead of worrying?

Lastly, just this.  Hatchooo, hatchoo, hatchoo, hatchoo, hatchoo, hatchoo!

2 comments:

nellie rae said...

oh my goodness! i hope you get to feeling better soon. that crap has been going around now for over a month! not cool!

worrying. a weakness in me as well. it's so difficult to think, i know know i need to pray but that's not helping!

and the truth of the matter is, for me, is that prayer does help! but, in order for me to feel that burden be lifted is for me to take it small bits at a time.

God has told us not to be anxious. not to worry. because it clouds his work in our lives. that's why its hard for me to see that communication with him will help.

but, i see the clouds thin. i feel his arms around me. i feel him lift my burdens when i take care of TODAY. all i can do is take care of today...so that's all i 'worry' about. i do what i can do today. and know that God is holding my tomorrow.

im praying for ease of mind, comfort. thinning clouds and that you feel your Father's love. he is workin in our lives...he sees the bigger picture. let him work. trust that he will. work on today.

love you lees. p.s. your surgery is coming up soon. do you need any advanced prep help??

let me know! huge hugs to you!!

xo, nellierae.

Debbie said...

Sure hope the cold is gone before the surgery. Sure hope you don't pass it around and it gets back to you just in time!
Worry. That is a hard one. One of the things that help me is I like to put the 'what if" out there. What if that horrible awful thing that you are worring about happens? Take an honest look at it. Can you handle it? Will you need help to handle it? If so do you have a support group to give you that help? I know you have the support group. So now the question is how much do you try to do on your own. How much do you hand to God. Should you ask friends/family for help? If so who would help and in what way? I recently realized that people that really love you are glad to help and they get joy from it. So who are you going to share your joy with?
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
LOVE YOU!