Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Late Breaking News!

I just had to go rescue Jacob.  He had truck trouble driving from Tech, in Sand Springs to the house.  The rim on Kim's Ford split like a bagel and the tire blew out.  The brake pads (that he just put on last week) were gouged by the rotor.  {insert deep sigh here).

He had a flat last week, so we were already planning to replace that tomorrow.  Pay day.  So now we need a new rim, 2 tires and brake pads.  We will be buying used tires and rim.  Fortunately Jacob gets a discount at NAPA because he is a Tech student.  So the pads are just about $20.  Goodness.  There goes another $100 and any dreams of repairing my computer this year. {One more deep sigh}.

My beloved sister likes to remind me that what does not kill you makes you stronger.  I am going to be very, very strong in 2011.  

Most importantly, Jacob is safe.  God is good.  A special thank you to Jacob's guardian angel for being "on the job" during our crisis.   

2 comments:

Debbie said...

If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at allllll..... Ooohhh...dispair and agony on meeeee....(I mean on youuuuu....)
Sorry, your luck just reminded me of an oldie on Hee Haw.
It is not funny that every time you turn around there is another "thing" with it's hand out wanting money. I am so glad that Jacob is ok!

Lisa Howe said...

Deb,
I feel exactly like singing that stupid old song! It is very frustrating, but just part of life, I guess. I am sure that millions of people have been right where I am, and worse. Thanks for reading my whine. My new motto is, "This to shall pass"!