Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

This is my special Mother's Day blog entry. The day is basically half over, but it has been quite nice so far! Kim and Jacob took me to dinner at Napoli's my new favorite Italian restaurant. Yum! When we were walking in, we ran into a friend from church. He was there alone because his wife is visiting her mother today. So we invited Jerry to eat with us. Of course, as always, the meal was wonderful, and I ate too much. Ugh! Jerry insited on picking up the tab. We tried to resist, but he was insistent. That was a nice bonus for Jacob since today was going to be his treat.


So then Jacob said that I could go to Loops and pick out a present. You know what that means! Wool! Colorful, awesome, beautiful wool!! It was so hard to chose only 2 colors, but I managed, then I walked around and explored the store. They have some awesome buttons. So many and so fancy! The store them in tubes. This is so different from where I usually buy buttons! So amazing! They have a really nice childrens play room too. I guess the only other time I went I did not look around much beause I had two kids with me. Today I was alone so I looked and looked!
My sister has made a special request that I post a picture of the black with roses coin purse, so here it is. No bobble on this one because I messed up and got an invisible zipper and the pull on the zipper foot does not have a hole in it to thread the bobble through. I thin it looks ok without it though.
I hope you had a great mother's day! I did! :o) Being a mom is great.

4 comments:

amy said...

Being a mom is great! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day! I can't wait to see what you create with your new wool!

Debbie said...

I am glad you had a nice mother's day! Thanks for giving mom the shirts for me.
We have a Napoli's here in Owasso too! I love to eat there.
The black purse is very pretty. The roses stand out so nicely.

GiGi said...

okay, i'm commenting on all my catch-ups on this one. love love love all your creations!!! love the black with the roses and i'm loving your color combo that you're thinking about of turquoise with chocolate brown. yummy!!! you are quite talented, girlie. you're really making me want to learn to crochet really soon. love the pic of jacob and grey. how sweet is that!!! we found a napoli's over by us on sunday after leaving brett's family. we are so excited that there is one close to us!! how thoughtful of you guys to invite jerry to eat with you and how generous of him to buy you lunch!! love that! can't wait to see what you got at loops.......

GiGi said...

oh, i almost forgot. love the pic of my baby. might have to have a copy of that one!!! :)