Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday...


Well, I waited till almost the last possible moment to post, but I am getting it done. This was a busy day. I made an extra effort to clean my house today, paying extra attention to the wood floors because we had a special guest at the house this afternoon and evening. Jacob and I baby sat for our friend's son, Grayson. What a sweet baby! When he first arrived, he sat in the recliner with Jacob and watched "Bob the Builder'. Seriously, I don't know which kid enjoyed it more! I think they were both enjoying it quite a bit.

Then I got off my throne and made some tasty home made pizza for dinner. That is when the crying started. I think he might have been a little jealous! After about a half hour of grouchiness, he perked up and started having fun. He even took a picture of himself with my camera! John and Sheena came to pick him up around 9:30. Little Grayson was so excited to see his mom. It was quite a pleasure to have a baby around the house again.

Here is an update on my clothing quandry for my mom from earlier this week. My wonderful sister found two very nice shirts, one brown and one black for Momma. Then I went to Wal-Mart Friday night and found some black and brown pants. Wait till you hear how much they were. $3 each!! That is amazing! I just hope they fit her. I also found another pair of pants for $5 and two more shirts for $3 each. So for less than $20 (on my part) and whatever my favorite sister paid for her two shirts, Momma now has 3 new outfits, and an extra shirt!
I finished my day by completing my black coin purse with the red roses. It turned out well and I already have an idea for who to give it to! So fun to make these purses all different, and yet similar. I love making them. Debbie, you need to be thinking about what you want. Maybe we need to go to Loops together to see some of the possibilities. I really want to find a nice turquoise wool. It would look great with a deep chocolate brown!
Good night! Oh, and Happy mothers day!!!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I am so glad you were able to find mom some pants. The pickings here in Owasso were pretty slim. I did get the shirts on clearance at Belk's but they were not quite as good as of a deal as what you found. Name the day you want to go shopping for yarn. I look forward to that kind of shopping.

You need to post a photo of the black purse when you are done.

amy said...

That picture of Grayson and Jacob is precious!

Anonymous said...

Loved the Grayson pictures and the story of Bob the Builder!

Samantha