Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pet-O-Rama!

We have tons of pets all the sudden! How fun! It is especially fun since it is only temporary. We have currently the care of 3 dogs, 3 cats, one bird, and one Guinea pig. Thankfully, the cat's are not on the premisis. I don't think we could handle that with our dogs! So far we are all enjoying our "extra" pets!
Here is a picture of Joey on one of his "outside the cage" jaunts.

Pixie (our inside dog) is jealous of the bird and cried when she hears me talking to Joey. Joey does not like Pixie either and hisses at her if she comes near the cage. We had to use a twist tie to lock one of the doors of the cage because he already figured out how to open it. Smart bird! We are trying to teach him to talk, and I have to admit that we seriously considered the irony of teaching the preacher's bird a bad word, but finally decided it just would not be right. This is Pixie and her pet "Dolphin"

Here is Joey's luxury vacation condo.

Next, is Squirt, the Guinea pig. I am terrified of mice and to me a Guinea pig is just a large mouse without a tail. So I was really nervous about having this pet in our home. Jacob promised to be responsible for him. I had no plans to touch him or hold him. But.... last night while watching him feast on a red bell pepper, I had a weak moment! He was so cute. I held out and did not actually touch him till this afternoon. But I finally had to admit that he is adorable. I have not held him yet, and I doubt I will, but I will acknowledge that he is cute, and not really mouse-like. He sure likes peppers!

Here is Squirt chillin' in his "mobile home."

So that really just leaves the kitties. I don't have any pictures of them now, but maybe I will try to get a few tonight. There is no doubt that I will see Socks. He is quite sociable, we will have to say hello to Beasley because he has to get a shot of meds twice a day, but the mysterious Claire will most likely not make an appearance at all. We have only ever seen her one time in several pet sitting visits. I guess she does not like us much. What's not to like?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you think squirt is cute! You'll be cuddling with him before you know it!!!

GiGi said...

i have the strangest desire to call you dr. doolittle. hee hee. okay i think i'm totally caught up on reading your blog. we did have lots of fun last weekend, didn't we? i must've missed that call from you and ames about going to loops though....hmmmmmmmmm. :)

Debbie said...

Joey looks like Pete! Does he whistle? Pete loves to whistle. As loud as he can at the first hint on sunlight. Sure makes it hard to sleep in! Did I mention that Pete can whistle loud? : )