Saturday, May 2, 2009

Since I've Been Gone...

OK, so I have not blogged in a few days. I have been busy shopping for yarn, and finishing my most recent project. First, the yarn. I had 2 coupons to use at Michael's, so I snuck over to the newly opened Michael's at 71 & I-75 on Thursday and Friday. OH. MY. WORD. It was so cool. Well, mostly just for scrappers or beaders. The yarn department was well stocked but tiny. I was able to get two more yummy shades of wool. I purchased a variegated (spelling??) and another solid. I need one more shade, but I will try to get it tomorrow. Then I will be set for a while. I also had to make a pit stop at Hobby Lobby for a few zippers for my previously felted coin purse. It had been sitting, waiting for a zipper for a few days. When I got home from Bunko last night I put the zipper in. It was actually easier than the first one. I guess I am starting to get the hang of it!

I decided to give the completed striped purse to Emily for her 13th birthday. Today we celebrated her birthday with about 17 of her closest friends. It was a scavenger hunt at the mall. What fun! Chasing 5 girls around the mall while we look for miscellaneous, mysterious things, pose for kooky pictures, and generally run ourselves ragged. I am sure the girls are fine. I am wiped out. It was a lot of fun. I have not spent that much time at the mall in years. The girls were a lot of fun too.
Happy Birthday Miss Emily!

3 comments:

amy said...

cute purse! i'm sure emily loved it!

i'm glad you had fun at the party today. i went to michaels this evening. it was cool, but i was disappointed in the yarn department. i didn't buy any because it wasn't on sale, and i didn't have any coupons.

we bought a bunch of acrylic paint that was on sale, and the boys painted their first canvas tonight! so cute!

see you in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for helping wrangle all those girls at the mall today, Lisa. You're the BEST!

And Emily loves the change purse!

Samantha

Anonymous said...

I guess I was back in the moment when I said "today" in the previous post! It's now Tuesday!!

Samantha