Thursday, May 28, 2009

Worse...

The only thing worse than the end of a long holiday weekend, is the work week that follows it. That is a direct quote from me. Feel free to quote me in your own blog, or to use my quote in casual conversation with your friends, but don't forget it, you read it here first! Between this and my sock monkey quote, maybe I should publish a book of quotes! Watch out Jack Handey!



This week has been crazy at work. We are closing out the month with very poor sales...again!! Sigh! I am truly puzzled about how to change that situation. I can literally see and hear the frustration on my boss's face and in his voice. It makes me queasy. I suppose all I can really do is work harder and smarter. I did stay late tonight to make a few extra calls.



Next week should be a real adventure as we are pet sitting for 2 families. We are feeding and medicating cats who belong to some friends, Derek & LaDonna. Then we are keeping a Guinea pig named Squirt and a bird named Joey in our home for about 10 days. I am looking forward to having a bird in the house again. I really miss Tweetie-G. I will probably have some interesting pictures of our borrowed pets to share next week, but for now, just reading these words will have to be enough.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

amy said...

I totally agree on the work week that follows a long weekend! It's the same way at school! 4-day weeks are terrible!

Thanks for taking care of our critters, although I noticed you're more excited to have Joey than Squirt! If you can teach Joey to talk or sing a different tune, they'll be a bonus in it for you! Ha!