Thursday, August 19, 2010

Waiting...

Hello world! Don't you hate it when your life is in "limbo"? You are waiting for news that is slow in coming and everything in your life starts to circle around "the news"? That is such a bad feeling. I think it is best to set your eye on the prize, like it says somewhere in the Bible. Focus on that and move forward. However, when you have an obstacle that won't move you just have to function around it.


It is sort of like driving up a hill and knowing something is coming but not knowing exactly what it will be. I have to resist the urge to run ahead and try to look over the hill to see what is coming. There is no way to do that. I have to wait for it to happen.

That is what I seem to be doing these days and it is not so pleasant. I have to learn to trust God more to get me what I need. That is not easy for me either because I learned from a young age to depend on myself. I have to try to un-learn that stubborn independant streak and lean on God.


I Wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. Psalm 130:5

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Waiting is hard! I hope it is better after the waiting is over.