Friday, March 6, 2009

Bunko!!



Tonight was Bunko night. Big fun! Have you ever played? If not, you should try it. There is no skill involved. That is why they let me play! I play with 11 nice ladies. On the first Friday of each month, we meet either at a member's house or at a local condominium clubhouse. Tonight we played at the clubhouse. Half of us bring food each time. Tonight Sue was our hostess and the menu was Hamlett Ham, layered salad, hash brown casserole, brownies and a mysterious sweet bread that Karen provided. I never found out what the ingredients were, but it was tasty.

In order to win, you have to be extremely lucky. Or just sit across from someone who is lucky. If you are lucky enough to roll a bunko you gain possession of the Bunko Bug. If you have him at the end of the game, you win a prize. One of the players, Cheryl tortures this poor bug by tying up his feet and contorting him into un-bug-like poses. Poor bug! There are also prizes for the most wins, the most losses and the most bunko's. I rarely win anything, but I have a lot of fun and we do a lot of laughing. I guess that makes me a winner.


I hope you got to do something fun tonight too!

1 comment:

amy said...

I've played Bunko with Daryl's family before, and my nephew and I were partners. We had the most losses! Woo Hoo!