Thursday, March 5, 2009

No Picnic :o( ...Picnic! :o)

Happy Thursday! I can say that now because our dreaded compliance review is OVER! The compliance review is no picnic. That is what my boss said this morning to Vicki, my co-worker, who before today had never lived through the adventure. I had to clean and organize my desk. Here is a picture of how it looked this morning just before my friend, the compliance lady, arrived. It took us approximately 2 weeks to prepare. My desk only took 3 days. :o)

I don't yet know all the outcome of the review. We will discuss that tomorrow. Now comes the fun part. I had a picnic at lunch. I thought to my self, "Self, if a compliance review is 'no picnic,' then you need to have one for lunch!" So I did. I had sandwich stuff at work, so I made my self a yummy turkey and swiss cheese sandwich with lettuce and honey mustard. I had a little dab of potato salad and some tabouli from the deli and, of course a Mountain Dew. I headed out to the park.
It was a beautiful day. There were lots of people at Hunter Park this afternoon! I spotted a nifty pond with a little deck that reached out over the water, so I hiked out with my lunch bag. When I arrived I saw that there was already a fisherman on the deck. So I took a spot on a bench near the pond, and started on my lunch.
After I finished, I enjoyed the afternoon and read a book for a while. It was quite windy, but not enough to keep the mom's, babies, kids, dogs and the walkers at home (or at work!!).
Have you ever seen my hair that flat? I thought not! So when I decided to head back to work to finish up the compliance adventure, I hiked back up the hill and headed back to the trenches! I allowed my self a treat in the afternoon from this handy little candy dispenser full of Plain M & M's that one of my vendors (Rapiddri) brought us a few months ago. Just 10 per day, so hard to limit myself!

So, since this was, all-in-all, a good day, I decided to have a special give-a-way! The first person to post a comment on my blog will win one of these happy little candy dispencers. Did I mention there is a little scoop that you scoop the candy out with? It is awesome! You will also win the candy of your choice to fill it with! Since I have a fan base of one, I am pretty sure I know who will win. Her name starts with an "A" and ends with a "my". Maybe one of you blurkers can surprise me and win. Remember, you dont have to log on to post a comment, just make sure you put your name after your comment so I will know which one of you to award the prize to. Perhaps your comment should tell me what candy you want. One last happy picture! I hope you were able to spend some time outside today too!

2 comments:

amy said...

Wow! You must be psychic or something to know that I would be the first one to comment! I am laughing out loud right now. ( I said the actual words laughed out loud yesterday, and one of my students said, "Why don't you just say LOL, Mrs. Hayes?" To which I responded, "Because I said laughED out loud, and it would sound really stupid to say I LOLed!!! Duh!)

Anyway....I am so glad you got to spend some of your lunchtime outside. I did, too, but I was on recess duty. I can't wait for the flowers to start blooming and for the bugs to start bugging so I can take pictures!!!!!

By the way....I like dark chocolate peanut M&Ms!

Now I have to go blog so you can comment on mine!

Lisa Howe said...

You got it! Dark chocolate peanut M & M's. The rest of the blurkers will be so crushed when they find out that you beat them to the prize! By the way, I am probalby closer to psychotic than psychic.