Sunday, March 29, 2009

Snowy Day!!

Saturday we were expecting snow. The weatherman said that it would start early. Kim worked all night Friday, so when he came home and crawled into bed at 7 AM Saturday morning, I asked him if we had any snow. He said no. I was very disappointed. I do love snow! So I just went back to sleep. Around 9 AM, I woke up and read my book for 1/2 an hour. Finally tired of laying around, I got up. To my surprise, there was a ton of snow and it we really coming down fast. I snowed all day long! Jacob Got out on his fourwheeler after he woke up and tried to ride for a while. He does not like to ride while it is snowing, and it just would not stop, so he gave up and came back inside.









The outside dogs, Bonnie and Clyde had a great time running around in the snow. I have never seen Clyde quite so frisky. They did manage to stop long enough to visit me on the deck for a treat. Bonnie spent most of the day rolling around in the snow and running up and down the fence cheering Jacob on while he was on the fourwheeler. I think this is the most snow they have ever seen and they really seemed to enjoy the cold wet snow.


Around 1:30 we went to Target to pick up a few items for a party we were going to Saturday evening. The main roads were not too bad, but the parking lots and the back roads were terrible. I almost got stuck in the Target parking lot. I was surprised how many people were out. Before we left, I walked down to the dead end to take a picture of the Red Bud tree. It looked so amazing with the snow on the blossoms! By the time I got back up the hill to the car, my hair was soaking wet. This was a very wet snow, perfect for snowball fights and snow men, but neither of those were on our agenda.









We headed back home and I was relieved to arrive safe and sound. Just as I was considering cancelling the party I was co-hosting for my cousin's son, Houston and his new wife, Meredith, I received a call from our church. They had decided to cancel Sunday services. That was no surprise since the parking lot would be a mess.
I called several people who were planning to attend and we decided to go ahead with the party, which was mostly for family. Houston and Meredith got married last month in Arkansas and the family here had not been able to attend the wedding, so my niece, Mattie, and I decided to host a reception for them here while they were visiting for Spring break. At 7PM we met at Rosehill United Methodist Church for a celebration. We had home made chocolate cake, ice cream, strawberry cheesecake and a very nice time.


Houston's wife, Meredith is a very nice and beautiful girl. I am sure she will fit in nicely with our family. I am not sure that is a compliment, but it works out good that we seem to get along. Even my Grandma came, and she rarely gets out of the house for anything. The picture on the left is my Aunt Mary, Houston, Stephanie (his mom), My grandma, and Meredith.



Here is a picture of my favorite sister, Debbie and I. Isn't she cute? She was a great older sister, some other time I will blog about some of the awesome things she did when we were growing up.

It was a nice visit with family. I hope that Houston and Meredith have a wonderful future together!










2 comments:

amy said...

wow! i missed all of the snow! i bet it was beautimous! i LOVE your picture of the redbud tree!

i'm glad you and your family decided to go ahead and have the party. it sounds like you had a great time.

Debbie said...

Ugghh! I really don't like having my picture taken! You look good though!!