Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Reunion

So a few weeks ago I got an email from my friend Cathey from back in high school. It seems my high school is working on a reunion. Fun! We are having an all-school reunion for the classes of 1983-1999. I fall closer to the beginning, but not all the way back. I graduated in 1986. So since then I have been communicating with old friends while we try to plan this shin-dig. It will not be until July, so we have a little time to get the plans made. I am getting geared up for it, by pulling out yearbooks and trying to look up old friends on Facebook, etc.

While looking through the year book I found some old pictures of me and of other people who I know now, but did not know then. John Van Horn was in third grade when I graduated. His pictures are very funny. Lonna Wright went to my school too. I think she was in 5th grade when I graduated. Tom Dahlman went there too, but he did not make an appearance in any of my yearbooks.
It has been fun catching up with friends. Julie lives here in town. She is getting ready to sell her big beautiful home to get another bigger, more beautiful home. Christy just got her Doctorate! I know that is just the tip of the iceberg. That makes me feel kind of like a failure, or like an underachiever. I still live in our first home and I didn't finish college.

I hate the way getting for reunions makes you feel sort of desperate and worried about what you have done and how you look. Is it possible to lose 100 pounds in 4 months? LOL!

The good part of reunions is that when you finally all get together, all the good times come flooding back. Last time we met, within 20 minutes we were all laughing and having a great time. We were really close friends, and I graduated with a wonderful group of people! I am going to try really hard to keep this all in perspective and not freak out.
This picture was taken 13 years ago at our 10 year reunion. Pictured from the top left is Julie, seated in the chair is Ann, on the amr is me, seated on the floor is Christy, and the guy is Jerry. It was a lot of fun. Very casual and relaxed. We only had 25 seniors the year I graduated and of course all of us did not make it for the reunion. All in all I am looking forward to seeing my friends again this summer!

1 comment:

amy said...

You know, I've never been to a school reunion. No one ever invites me back!!!