Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Goal

I want to learn to felt a knitted project this month. If you are not familiar with the process, here is what I have learned. You start with a wool yarn. You knit your project. Much larger than the finished project will be. When you finish, you wash the project. Wool shrinks and is then considered felted. It has a awesome thick texture that I love. Of course this is a simplified version of the process. But you get the idea.

If you click on this link you can see an example of how it works.

http://notanartist.blogspot.com/2006/04/andrea-bag-pattern.html

I think when I decide to do something, I will start small. The hard part is the washing process. I guess you need to use a special soap and you have to monitor the progress.

When I finally do it, my promise is that I will document my project and post an entry to share it with you. I think it sounds like a great Friday night project. I wish I knew how to post a picture here from the web. Since I don't, you will have to see for yourself....

Goodnight!

1 comment:

amy said...

I can't wait to see what you make! You are so talented!