Saturday, April 25, 2009

Because I FELT like it!!

Sorry, I know that was a silly pun for the title of my post today. I just wanted to share my latest project with you. Yes, once again I am felting. Another change purse. Still purple. I did manage to sneak off to Michaels last night to use my 40% off coupon and got a very reasonable price on a skein of leaf green wool to trim my purse with. I also used one of my new buttons, thanks to Grams and Aunt Mary. This time I used velcro instead of a zipper. Here are the results.


I may decide to add a swirl of green on the back of the purse too. I am undecided. What do you think? I am a little unhappy with a few things. I followed the pattern carefully and it did not quite felt to the right size. So I adjusted the size so that credit cards can slide in sideways. It was too narrow for them to fit lengthwise. Also, I had not used the blanket stitch around the edge in a while, so it starts off sort of rough. The bottom side (in the picture right above this paragraph) is where I started, and I finished at the top. The finishing stitches are much more even and uniform than the beginning stitches. I took it out and started over once, and I am debating weather I should do that again. Of course it will never be perfect (same as me), but I would like for it to look nice. I have not decided what to do with this one yet. The first one was a gift for a relative.

So that is my latest project. All in all I like the first pattern better. I think next I will try to make another purse from the first pattern, but with varying green and purple stripes. I am kind of excited to start that. I have everything I need, except another blasted purple zipper!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I really like this one. The blanket stitch and the swirl are too cute! Nice work lil sis. : )

amy said...

It's art! It's not supposed to be perfect!

I love the button, the color choice, the swirl and the blanket stitch!!! Don't be so hard on yourself...you rock, Lisa Smor!

Bring it to church tomorrow so I can touch it!

Lisa Howe said...

Thanks, fan club. Ya'll are great! What would I do with out the support of my peeps? LOL!