Monday, April 6, 2009

Sunday fun!

Ok, so I did not post yesterday, but it was a full day, so here it is, on a 24 hour delay. After church there was an all church potluck lunch. Yum! Then after we got home, Jacob and I went to run a few errands. On the way back to the house we drove down 11th street because Jacob has truck-fever. He is almost 16 and is ready to get his learners permit and start driving soon. So he is working on getting some money together so he can buy a truck. This one caught his eye, so we stopped to look at it. It looks pretty rough to me, but that is what he wants. He wants a Ford if possible, and he wants it to be a 4 wheel drive. Something that he can get really cheap and fix up himself.
We also stopped at the antique store at 11th & Yale near Tally's. I have been in there many times and they always have some fun things. I found this awesome little sewing machine. I think it is really cool. I did not even look at the price, because we were not there to buy, just to look.
A little further down the aisle we saw this nifty old banjo. I have never, even in my wildest dreams, thought I would see Jacob holding a banjo, but here he is. Yes, heavy metal Jacob is holding a banjo and he did it voluntarily. Looks pretty cool to me. He even strummed a few chords.
The day was moving along, so we had to do the same. We went home, and I started my felting project, but that will be a topic for tomorrow! So excited to show you what is happening! We ended up having dinner last night with our friends, John, Sheena and their adorable son Gray. Dinner was a lot of fun. John let us browse through his Aunt's house that is just across the street from his. She passed away recently and they are having an estate sale soon. The house is amazing and she had some very interesting treasures. I could have stayed there for hours looking through all the beautiful furniture and interesting nick-nacks she accquired over the years. So that was my Sunday-Funday. Tomorrow....felting for dummies!

1 comment:

amy said...

I'm glad you're back! I love the truck, too! My dad had an old yellow Ford truck when we were growing up. I didn't like it much then, but I'd love to have it now!