Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Knitting


I confess. I have a new best friend! My knitting needles. I would never have thought I would enjoy it so much but I do. I am really just getting started too! There are so many stitches I have no idea how to make. But it feels like an adventure with every new project.






I even have some of my friends involved. My friend Amy really got me started again because she said she wanted to learn, so I taught her the basic knit stitch, which was about all I remembered. Then I stumbled across the purling stitch and figured it out. Then I graduated to more yarns. Amy started that too (I sense a theme, AMY!!). She bought some beautiful, soft bamboo yarn. She told me about it, so I researced it. While looking at it on-line, I found recycled silk yarn. I showed it to another friend, Samantha. She liked it too and decided to commission me to make her something with it. A purse. It is still in progress, but I will post about it when it is done. So cool. Lots of fun colors. Now I am trying to talk Sammy into learning to knit herself. We'll see how that goes. :o)



Another friend, Gina (Gigi) asked me to make a knitted cover for a scrapbooking project she is going to make. That was fun. So far, more than anything, I have made scarves and dish cloths. I really want to learn to make a sweater.

For now, I will keep trying new things. Maybe, someday, I will be able to design some patterns by myself. I already have some ideas running through my head about that.

Good night all!



1 comment:

amy said...

You definitely need to figure out how to make that pink wig!!! Then all the SMORs could wear them at Halloween!