Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Foliage...finally!

Sunday afternoon, Kim, Jacob and I set off in the car to see what adventure we could find. Jacob packed a fishing pole and his tackle box. I brought the folding chairs and Kim brought a good mood! (Hooray for Kim !) The sky was a georgous blue and the trees are starting to turn colors. I surprised Kim by pointing at a tree and saying, "Look, that tree caught fire!" He took me literally of course and kept looking for a fire. It was actually just a bright orange tree. :o)





We started heading West to Keystone Lake. We were surprised at how windy it was, but Jacob did not let the wind stop him. He caught two small fish really fast.







Then the wind pushed us on. We drove around the lake area for a while. Then we became aware of the time and decided that there was no way to get back in time for Sunday night services at church.


So we slowed down and just enjoyed nature. We headed back to town and stopped at Chandler park in West Tulsa. I had not been there for many years and I had forgotten how incredible the view is of downtown Tulsa from there. Actually there are a lot of really great views and neat photo opportunities there. Jacob climbed around on the rocks. The heights make me a little nervous. But the views are breath-taking!




Next we packed ourselves back into the car and headed East on 21st street towards home. That led us right past Woodward park. Kim and I had our wedding photo's taken there so we had to stop for more pictures. Jacob took a ton of pictures of the flowers in the rose gardens. This one is my favorite! Most of the flowers are starting to die. The blooms are very full and just almost played out. But they all smelled beautiful and we enjoyed the walk!

We arrived back home just before dark. We had some yummy home-made chicken noodle soup for dinner and went to bed full of fresh air and God's beautiful creation. I hope you like the pictures we took. We had a nice day together!








This picture was taken in Chandler park of some of the beautiful old trees there. I don't know what kind of trees they are, but I love the golden color of the leaves! I just feel so good when I look at these pictures. I know I will enjoy the memories of our day together for many years, but the pictures will help me bring it back into focus on a really hot muggy day in late July!

1 comment:

amy said...

Ok. Who's the pro photographer now? I LOVE all your pictures! Beautiful trees! I wondered where you were Sunday night, but I'm glad you had a nice journey with your family. That time together is so important!

How do you get your pictures to line up with your text like that?

Thanks for visiting my blog! You're my only visitor!