Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wedded Bliss


I was trying to think of something fun to post today. I thought it would be fun to post and tell about two of my favorite wedding pictures. Then tell about how I met Mr. Right. So these are two of my favorites. The one on the left was taken one week before our wedding at Woodward Park. The picture on the right was taken the day of the wedding just before we left for the fabulous honeymoon at Grand Lake. We got married at my Grandmother's house and it was an informal wedding. I have been thinking about that day a lot lately since my foster mom died recently. She made my wedding dress. Ok, now I am getting teary again. I still have my dress. I sure wish I could still fit into it! Maybe someday!
Kim and I met at work. I worked in the office and he worked in the shop. I liked him because he wore a cowboy hat. But he never would talk to me. I was even having trouble finding out his name until I had to page him over the loud speaker one day. I looked at his name and paged, "Kim How-IE to the office, please. Kim How-ie to the front office." Kim's brother-in-law was my boss and he has never let me forget how I mispronounced his name. Kim's sister calls me Lisa Howie to this day. Eighteen years later we are still the Howie's :o)
I hope you will post a few of your wedding pictures! Have a happy Friday!

3 comments:

amy said...

what a fun post! thanks for sharing your story!

nellie rae said...

what a great story! so fun!

GiGi said...

love that story. knew there had to be some humor in how you got together!!! :)