Saturday, October 18, 2008

relaxation destination

A few weeks ago, my boss, who is an insurance agent, wrote a policy for the salon next door to our agency. He was happy to have the new business, and because he likes to support our customers, and because he is a very nice man, he decided to treat my co-worker, Vicki, and I to a manicure and pedicure. We finally sorted out our schedules and Thursday night was the night.

As soon as we got off work, we went next door with our ugly hands and feet. This was a special treat for both of us. Neither of us has the budget for this kind of activity. I was a little unsure of what to think. First, they led us to these huge chairs with basins at the base to soak our feet.

Turns out those chairs are massage chairs. Oh, the bliss! Actually, I was not wild about the massage part, but Vicky loved it. Two nice ladies came to get us started. I can't remember what the name was of Vicki's person, but my lady was Lisa! Cool huh?

They started with an ice scrub, it was not ice. I was happy :o) to hear that! It was actually some sort of crystals... maybe coarse sea salt? Next was a clay mask. The mask was green, and smelled really nice. It made our legs look funny. We looked like Incredible Hulks! Lisa did a great job massaging my hulk-legs. It was soooo relaxing!Next came what I was really expecting all along, the scraping and callous removing. Let me tell you that it was like Edward Scissor Hands was sitting at my feet! The junk that was on my feet was disgusting! I thought I did a pretty good job of managing this myself, but apparently, I stink and pedicures. I guess that works out all right, as I do OK selling insurance. :o) Then we proceeded to the toe nail painting.

Vicki had adorable little flowers painted on her big toes. Her feet looked fabulous! But by the time she finished and was led to a chair for her manicure she could hardly walk because she was so relaxed from the pampering and massaging! Fun! They put us both into funny, green disposable flip flops so we would not ruin our toes. We finished our adventure at the manicure tables. I chose to have my nails painted the same color as my toes. Vicki went for a natural look. We were both very pleased with the results. We are also both very thankful for this special treat!

Jacob was very impressed with the disposable flip-flops and decided they were his to wear. Unfortunately, while I do have a large foot--size 10--Jacob wears a size 15 and the flip flops could not withstand the trauma of his feet! I wish you could have seen him strolling around the house wearing these! Very funny! He can be such a clown!



My boss is so great to do this for us! We really had a great time. Vicki says she slept great Thursday night. We delivered the bill to my boss Friday morning. We were a little afraid he would have a heart attack, but all he did was smile and ask if we would like to do it again sometime!! How awesome is that???? I bet you can guess what we said.... YES!!!

3 comments:

amy said...

that sound so wonderful, lisa! the massage would kind of make me uncomfortable at first, too, but i'm sure it felt great afterwards!

i love that your boss did that for you two. how nice is that? i'd be afraid what would be scraped off my feet, too! ewww.

have you noticed that you and i are the only ones blogging and commenting??? the very people who got us into this are M.I.A. what's up with that?

Lisa Howe said...

I know Amy. I think they have checked out on us. Nellie, Gigi! Hellooooo.... are you out there? Do you have blog-block??

GiGi said...

soooooooo jealous of your pedi/mani extravaganza!!! decided to catch up today on all of your blogs, but sadly that has left me with no time to work on mine. maybe later this week.........