Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mmmmmmm! Brownies! NOT!!!!!

Tonight I spent the evening at the church, by myself, making brownies for tomorrow night's dinner. All my WW friends will appreciate the fact that they flopped. So you don't have to be tempted by the brownies. But they did smell good. They just did not cook right. I think it is those ovens. They don't heat right!! I was very frustrated when I finally left the church to come home at 8:30. I left them there. Don't know what we will do with them tomorrow. Poor Norma will be so sorry she EVER teamed up with me to cook Weds. night dinner!


When I got home and woke Kim up to get ready for work, he first said, "where are the brownies?" Then, when I told him what happened he said, "How could it be the oven? An oven is an oven." OK. I feel sure he knows more about making brownies than I do. Since HE HAS NEVER MADE THEM!!! Grrrr! Good thing he is cute because I wanted to poke him for saying that. I did not take any cute pictures of me cooking brownies by myself. I was too snarly for photo ops!


That Church is quiet and creepy when you are there alone. I kept hearing noises, so I finally stuck my head out of the kitchen door to see if someone was there and there was Bob Walker, right in front of me. I yelped! He laughed at me!! Thank goodness I did not scream! So it turns out I was not alone after all. He said he had shuttled Frances and his daughter to the BOK center to see Neil Diamond tonight and was just killing time until he went back for them. Too cool for them. :o) Better than making gooey brownies that did not cook properly!!!

Since I don't have any cute pictures to go with my church building/brownie adventure, here is a picture from Susan M's back yard. She has these faces on one of her trees. Fun!

For those of you who have never been to Susan's house. Her back yard is AWESOME! Ok, her whole house is amazing! She and Mike did most all of the work themselves too! Have a good Wednesday!

2 comments:

amy said...

i totally understand your flopped brownie frustration!!!!! there is SOMETHING wrong with the appliances at the church. {you should have poked your cute cowboy anyway, he he.} if you really want brownies you could always go to sam's and buy their big boxes of already cooked brownies. they're yummy, too!

thanks for trying, though. at least you didn't put them down the garbage disposal {which doesn't work either} and flood the hallway!

see you tonight!

nellie rae said...

love those tree pictures!!! i want those things if i had big trees!